Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5yo dd is gett really sore on the outside of her 'frontie'

(9 Posts)
blushingm Sun 26-Jun-11 22:19:18

as she calls it.

it can get red and she says it's itchy.

i'm not sure what to call the area but it's where she'd get pubic hair when older.

Has anyone any idea why she could be getting sore and what i can do to help or prevent it?

TIA x

DooinMeCleanin Sun 26-Jun-11 22:20:23

Is she weating more because of the heat? Try cotton knickers and some soothing cream like sudocreme or nappy rash cream.

nokissymum Sun 26-Jun-11 22:22:09

Eczema, thrush possibly ? I know she is quite young but its possible.

DooinMeCleanin Sun 26-Jun-11 22:23:49

Is thrush not inside the labia though? I've never had it outside before.

blushingm Sun 26-Jun-11 22:24:03

all her knickers are 100% cotton - i always remember my mum saying nylon ones were nasty grin

could be sweat i suppose but she's not sore or any thing in her groin which i would have thought would be sweatier (if that's a word??)

blushingm Sun 26-Jun-11 22:25:42

i though poss thrush - she says it's sometimes itchy a bit inside but she showed me and it didn't look red or have any white bits which i would expect if it was thrush (she's not shy smile)

nokissymum Sun 26-Jun-11 22:48:46

doo noooo! Thrush can be anywhere around and inside the vagina.

DooinMeCleanin Sun 26-Jun-11 22:51:31

Ah. I didn't know that. I'd go to the GP if you are concerned Op, it can't be very comfortable.

When dd1 complains of itching down there an ice pack wrapped in a damp hand towel helps soothe it, although her soreness is often caused by her being a little over curious. It could be that maybe?

Dukandoit Mon 27-Jun-11 18:57:26

I know it seems odd but consider threadworms. My Dd had this and took ages to identify. Not suggested by the doctors, but easy to treat once we knew what it was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now