Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can anyone help?

(5 Posts)
KnittingisbetterthanTherapy Mon 06-Dec-10 20:47:39

Have posted this in behaviour but no response.

Didn't know if this is a better topic. Or am I alone in having this problem?

MistletoeAndWhineWithMe Tue 07-Dec-10 15:51:53

My dd used to make heself sick after prolonged crying.

Bumping for you.

KnittingisbetterthanTherapy Tue 07-Dec-10 16:00:31

Thank you smile

Marne Tue 07-Dec-10 20:00:59

Hi, my dd1 started making herself sick at around 15 months, to start with it took a few minutes of crying before she was sick and by the time she was 2 she mastered the art of being sick after one small screem sad. When she started nursery at the age of 3 she would do it when i left her and when she was upset, by the time she was 4 she had stopped doing it.

I was told to clean her up without making a fuss (hard when i have a phobia of vomit) and not to talk to her.

I found it really hard work as she looked so upset and all i wanted to do was hug her sad but ignorring it (not making a fuss) seemed to work.

KnittingisbetterthanTherapy Tue 07-Dec-10 21:34:18

Thank you Marne, I will endeavour to do that. Dh is dealing with it mainly now as he doesn't get as stressed. I'm just freaking out every time he cries now which is not helping blush.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: