Talk

Advanced search

Book about going in to hospital

(4 Posts)
shinyshilling Mon 29-Jun-09 11:25:57

Our six month old baby is going into hospital for an operation on her hip which is dyslocated, and then will be in a spica hip cast for several months. Does anyone know of a good book which might help my three year old daughter to understand what's going on? She's quite a calm kid and was present at her sister's water birth a few months ago. I don't think she'll be phased but would just like to give her a head start in understanding what's going to be happening.

DebiTheScot Mon 29-Jun-09 15:02:13

i think there's an Usborne First Experiences one about going to hospital. We've got the dentist, going on a plane and new baby ones and they're all very good.

MissM Mon 29-Jun-09 17:03:47

Hate to say it as I don't like them now, but there's a Topsy and Tim book about going to the hospital. I had it when I was little and had a lot of ops, and really loved it.

LadyG Tue 30-Jun-09 21:25:20

DS had the Topsy and Tim one when he had to have an endoscopy at 2. Not the most exciting book I have ever read to him read but he asked for it a lot both before and after the experience so it must have helped him to make sense of it I guess. I would ask your librarian-libraries always have this sort of thing-we had a 'fact' one with photographs of real people in (iyswim) from the library too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now