Wonder......what an amazing book!

(8 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Thu 23-Feb-17 21:43:35

Reading this to my 10 yo DS2 and we both think its brilliant. It deals,with so many issues as well as the main character's condition.

As I said goodnight to DS2 he said, "If August came to my school, I would be his friend".

Anyone else enjoying this book?

mamaduckbone Thu 23-Feb-17 21:49:58

It's truly one of the most amazing books I've read.
Ds read it over Christmas, I read bits with him and we had some great discussions. I'm now reading it with my year 5/6 book group at school who are equally loving it.
Ds said he probably wouldn't have been friends with someone like Auggie before reading the book but would now. I really do think it's had an impact on his outlook (he's been in trouble at school in the past for lacking empathy with other people's feelings).

fruityb Thu 23-Feb-17 21:50:59

Loved it - devoured it! The Auggie and Me stories are quite good as well. There's the Julian chapter which I liked.

It's truly an awesome book and one I thrust at children whenever I can!

BaconAndAvocado Thu 23-Feb-17 22:13:01

mamaduckbobe how lovely that the book affected your DS in that way.

Didn't realise there are other August books. Yippee!

Wolfiefan Thu 23-Feb-17 22:15:02

Loved this book!

fruityb Fri 24-Feb-17 07:45:57

They're like extra sections from other people's viewpoints. The Julian one was good, one called pluto and I don't remember the third. They are worth a read to be back in that world.

iseenodust Wed 01-Mar-17 14:30:42

DS did it in school in yr8. He liked it so much we bought it for another 12yr old for Christmas.

PippaH74 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:52:24

Great book, need to read it again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now