Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A book with a Charlotte character?

(12 Posts)
WheeshtWillYe Thu 14-Jul-11 00:22:44

But not Charlotte's Web? Trying to find a book about a Charlotte for a first birthday gift. Doesn't necessarily have to be suitable for a baby, if she'll grow into it & it's a good one! Thanks so much for any suggestions.

qo Thu 14-Jul-11 00:29:58

Charlotte sometimes?

Awomancalledhorse Thu 14-Jul-11 00:29:59

There is a Jaquline Wilson book called 'The Lottie Project' about a girl called Charlie (short for Charlotte) who writes a fictional diary about a victorian servant called Lottie.

If it's something to 'grow into' would anything by Charlotte Bronte be worth a look?

Marrow Thu 14-Jul-11 00:32:12

Charlotte Sometimes is good.

PirateDinosaur Thu 14-Jul-11 00:42:37

Charlotte Sometimes is indeed great, although a grower-into.

WheeshtWillYe Thu 14-Jul-11 04:06:23

Oh, Charlotte Sometimes looks great - can't believe I haven't read it. Might have to get 2 copies!
Thanks everyone.

nothingnatural Thu 14-Jul-11 05:03:52

This David McKee book is utterly bonkers and odd. But wonderful mad pictures with lots to talk about with older children (3 upwards).

nothingnatural Thu 14-Jul-11 05:04:26

The book is called Charlottes Piggy bank btw, in case you can't be arsed to click on the link grin

WheeshtWillYe Thu 14-Jul-11 05:09:57

Thanks nothingnatural - I like bonkers! Artwork looks great.

Brave Charlotte - a sheep. And if you look at the other books below, there are a few more with Charlotte in the name. smile

Meant to say, Charlotte Sometimes is an excellent book too. smile

WheeshtWillYe Thu 14-Jul-11 05:53:58

Oh thank you - I like the look of Brave Charlotte. The Charlotte I am buying for comes from a very outdoorsy family so a mountain-climbing sheep will be just perfect. Off to buy it now (and Charlotte Sometimes for me smile)

Thank you everyone. I try to avoid the children's book threads as I have a serious addiction that does not need fuelled but this is so wonderful, I'll be back to lurk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now