Talk

Advanced search

Sweep and spotting question (maybe TMI but need advice please)

(5 Posts)
Mammina Fri 24-Jul-09 15:54:19

Had a sweep this morning, & consultant said not to be alarmed if I had some spotting. But thinking about it I don't actually now what spotting is - i.e. how much blood is normal and how much is not.

Sorry if TMI but just had some blood in my knickers and then a bit in the toilet - it wasn't bright red, but a reddy brown, sort of like the beginning or end of a period. It's more than a few spots - maybe about 5 x 5p pence sizes in loo and about a 2 pence piece size in knickers... Is this spotting or is it more?

Again, sorry if TMI

Stigaloid Fri 24-Jul-09 16:00:52

That sounds like spotting to me. And normal after sweep. Time to call hopsital is if the spotting turns bright read. Brown - good Bright red - phone for advice.

Good luck - hope you have a swift and safe birth.

Mammina Fri 24-Jul-09 16:04:04

Thanks stigaloid. Hope it works as am booked for c-section a week today if I don't go into labour before then but consultant said my cervix 'wasn't very favourable' sad

Stigaloid Fri 24-Jul-09 16:22:08

Fingers crossed for you. Take really long walks (like 2 hours) if possible. That really helped me. Good luck.

Mammina Fri 24-Jul-09 16:26:07

<goes to find hiking boots>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now