Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Am I in labour?

(5 Posts)
roseability Tue 16-Jun-09 08:54:18

Shouldn't need to ask this as this is number 2!

However things have been very different this time

With DS I woke up the morning of the day he was born and went straight into established labour

I am now T+5 and after weeks of being kept awake at night by cramps, BH and backache I thought things were finally happening last night.

Strong contractions (Had to grip side of bed and breath through them) every 6-10 mins. However they have not got any closer together or more painful and when I get up and walk around they stop.

They have eased off a bit this morning although I am still getting the odd one which is very painful. Also lost more mucus plug last night

Hubby hasn't gone into work (more because I haven't actually slept since 1am and have a 3 year old). Argh! What is happening? Please tell me it is likely I will have my little one by tonight?

I have midwife appt later

AnguaVonUberwald Tue 16-Jun-09 08:56:48

Sorry, no idea, i was induced with DS - Just wanted to reply to your thread and say good luck.

I have to say the fact that they stop when you walk around sounds like its not established labour!

WinkyWinkola Tue 16-Jun-09 08:57:15

Sounds like things are starting.

No guarantees that you'll have your baby by tonight. I don't think they work to our schedules!

I'd call your midwife this morning and ask her to pop over and have a look at you.

Are you agitated and irritable too?

Good luck. Take it easy if / when you can and I wish you a safe and relatively speedy labour!

roseability Tue 16-Jun-09 09:04:07

Yes I am agitated and irritable!

I absolutely feel like things are starting but they don't want to get going that quickly

I always presumed second labour would be quicker to get going

WinkyWinkola Tue 16-Jun-09 23:55:48

Anything going on, roseability?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: