Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help - c section on Monday but coming down with cold - will they still proceed?

(3 Posts)
FairyBasslet Sat 18-Oct-08 08:24:33

Scheduled for section Monday morning at 38+2, due primarily to breech presentation but also prior section and insulin dependent gestational diabetes.

Everybody in the house has a bit of a cold and DH has chesty cough. I'm starting to feel a bit rubbish too. If I'm still a bit snuffly on Monday will they postpone?

TuttiFrutti Sat 18-Oct-08 12:30:40

I doubt it - I had a bad cold and cough at the time of my last cs, and nobody was interested in anything going on at the head end!

If the average cold lasts 14 days, they can't exactly wait for it to go, can they? Also, having a cold wouldn't stop you going into labour naturally. It's not the ideal scenario for welcoming a newborn baby into the world, but I suspect there's not much you can do other than looking after yourself generally and eating lots of fruit to get the vitamin C.

FairyBasslet Sat 18-Oct-08 14:18:28

thanks for that. I kind of thought it would be ridiculous to postpone but just wanted some reassurance. To be honest I feel fine now. It's more DH I'm concerned about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now