Talk

Advanced search

Any experiences of Royal Shrewsbury Hospital?

(5 Posts)
happynappies Thu 11-Sep-08 15:58:18

I was transferred there for the birth of my daughter, and am now booked there for baby #2. I'd be interested to hear of any experiences people have, good or bad!

DoubleBluff Thu 11-Sep-08 16:06:57

It was very very busy when i had DS1 there 8 yrs ago.
I couldn't have an epidural as there was not enough staff.
The staff there were lovley but very stretched i spent a long time left alone with Dh. Princess Royal,Telford was much nicer. Could you go there?

happynappies Thu 11-Sep-08 19:26:07

I came back to the Princess Royal after spending a couple of nights in Shrewsbury and agree it was nicer, but because of complications last time I can't go to PRH for the actual birth.

CJMommy Thu 11-Sep-08 19:42:41

Sounds like me...I started in PRH and was transfered to RSH. I have to say, yes PRH is wonderful, fab food, had private room, lovely and very helpful staff. However, they were pretty good at RSH too. I had a ventouse delivery and had to go to theatre for retained placenta (had to have spinal block after birthing with just gas and air). PRH is like a conveyor belt and I'll have to go there for my next but they were excellent really for the time that they had, no concerns at all. I would just look forward to transfering to PRH unit as soon after the birth as possible.....I think the criteria to transfer/discharge from RSH is two wees and you're out grin

CJMommy Thu 11-Sep-08 19:44:18

Sorry that should be 'RSH' is like a conveyor belt oops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now