Talk

Advanced search

reflexology to bring on labour?

(5 Posts)
terribletwosome Fri 05-Sep-08 14:18:14

Has anyone got any success (or not!) stories of reflexology to bring on labour? I am due in a couple of days - have had a show but nothing else happening - need baby to come asap as now no energy or patience left to cope with DS1 and DS2 (4 and 2 and pretty hectic)!
Got an appointment this afternoon!

BitOfFun Fri 05-Sep-08 14:20:36

I had it for dd2, 10 days overdue. I wen into labour the next day, but of curse it had to happen sooner r later anyway! I understand that you get desperate, but it will probably be just a placebo effect and a waste of money. Just see it as some nice "me time" tha you won't have very soon is my opinion!

BitOfFun Fri 05-Sep-08 14:21:17

Apologies for awful typing, and good luck! x

terribletwosome Fri 05-Sep-08 14:26:02

Thanks - I think you are probably right and is hard to know whether you would have gone into labour on your own without it! Still - good point - is 45 minutes on own without children so worth it just from that point of view!

ajm200 Fri 05-Sep-08 14:28:22

I read somewhere that accupuncture/accupressure can be more successful than reflexology.

I love reflexology though and even if it doesn't get baby moving at least you get a lovely foot massage and some time away from the children

Go on pamper yourself - Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now