Talk

Advanced search

swollen ankles

(13 Posts)
kentDee Tue 29-Jul-08 00:53:08

Hello. Has anyones ankles swelled up esp today? (its a boiling day and night?) should i be worried?

solo Tue 29-Jul-08 01:12:35

Mine are and I'm not even pg! mind you, they and my fingers have been doing this for a couple of weeks.
I did get this when I was pg and it's terribly uncomfortable. My MW always checked them...might be an idea to get yours or your gp to check you out - nothing to lose by doing so. Are you very pg?

kentDee Tue 29-Jul-08 01:26:02

Hi solo

yes, very preg (39 weeks) due on thur actually. Do you think its just the heat and being so far gone then?

solo Tue 29-Jul-08 01:29:50

Probably, but when do you see the MW again?

kentDee Tue 29-Jul-08 01:35:07

Seeing her wed then she is booking me in for a sweep sometime in the week. Its strange as up until tonight my ankles have never swelled up. Might go and pop them in my footspa. {smile}

kentDee Tue 29-Jul-08 01:36:13

(smile)

kentDee Tue 29-Jul-08 01:37:21

aaaagh. Got new computer at the weekend and cant bloody work it!

kentDee Tue 29-Jul-08 01:38:29

smile hope this works!!

solo Tue 29-Jul-08 01:45:38

Why don't you put them up a bit so that the swelling may go down? tbh, I think I'd phone the MW or your gp tomorrow morning and get checked out. Better to be a little over cautious and safe than not.
Good luck! I'm off to bed now.x

MiniMarmite Tue 29-Jul-08 08:26:40

Hi KentDee

I'm 37+3 and my ankles have been swollen since the weather got hot last Friday. I went swimming yesterday and that really helped bring them down a bit (as does putting them up as solo suggests). I'm seeing my MW today anyway - want to make sure my BP is still ok but other than that I'm not too concerned as I have no other symptoms that might indicate anything more sinister. Agree with solo that checking with MW a good plan.

Maria2007 Tue 29-Jul-08 12:57:15

I'm 39+1 today. Yesterday, because of the heat, my ankles became very swollen & painful & a midwife checked them. It was fine, she said it's normal because of the heat, & today they've gone down. If your blood pressure is ok & there's no protein in your urine, it's fine... but better safe than sorry, if it persists you should probably have it checked out.

madmouse Tue 29-Jul-08 13:10:04

Put a pillow or folded blanket under the foot end of your mattress, sit with your feet up, go for a walk when it is cool (morning or evening), drink plenty of water and herbal teas like fennel and peppermint.

and yes, it is the heat so I hope it has cooled down where you are.

kentDee Tue 29-Jul-08 15:16:12

Thanks for the messages. Ankles have gone down today and it is much cooler today isnt it? Im seeing midwife 2m anyway, so will see what she says. Thanks again! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now