Talk

Advanced search

meeting midwives who were at DD's birth

(81 Posts)
sarah293 Mon 21-Jul-08 18:40:19

Message withdrawn

Turniphead1 Mon 21-Jul-08 18:46:36

Gosh Riven I can see why you need answers. Is this meeting being facilitated by the patient liaison people at the hospital? Are there any outstanding legal issues of liability here? I know you DD is 4 or 5 is that correct?

best of luck.

goingfor3 Mon 21-Jul-08 18:47:24

Riven, it sounds as if you had a really awful experience, no one should be treated like that. I hope you get some answers.

NigellaTheOriginal Mon 21-Jul-08 18:48:01

Have you got all your and dds medical notes?
did DD really hit the floor shock

itati Mon 21-Jul-08 18:49:51

Shit. That is bad.

Do you think your daughter is brain damage because she wasn't caught? I wonder if they will say there is no way of knowing the reason why and you will be left with no answers at all.

The NICU and no support are also terrible things to have to deal with and need to be addressed.

I wish you luck,

We filled in the back of my maternity notes with our comments on our "care" during my last pregnancy, and even though we put we would not be having any more children due to the "care" we had received, we never received any reply.

Fight for what you want to know, you have a right to it imo.

ilovemydog Mon 21-Jul-08 18:52:28

The midwife dropped your baby?

Wow - I am speechless.

You will have support at the meeting tomorrow? It's just an 'informal chat?'

Am shocked that you didn't have any support and they didn't help you.

Without wishing to appear crass, you have had legal advice about this? It's just that my sister had a chromosomal abnormality and needed constant care...

But best of luck tomorrow - hope it won't be too traumatic for you...

sarah293 Mon 21-Jul-08 18:52:39

Message withdrawn

PeachyBAHons Mon 21-Jul-08 18:57:47

I hope you have someone with you tomorrow Riven, am sure it would be emtional. Didn't realise your dd was dropped- wow!

Speechless at lack of upport; the mw who dealt with me fitting with Sam and transferred me to the labour ward in taunton chose to stay with me for the whole transfer even when she went off shift; and the mw who dx'd ds4's heart murmur (home birth paed checks are by me now) phoned several times until he caught us in to check on him.

I really hope you get some answers Riven. Hugs to you and yours

NigellaTheOriginal Mon 21-Jul-08 18:59:36

bloody hell. hope you get some answers from your meeting. there must be some notes somewhere surely. are yours separate from DDs? would have thought they would be as she was kept in NICU.

sarah293 Mon 21-Jul-08 19:18:41

Message withdrawn

lulumama Mon 21-Jul-08 19:23:02

your baby hit the floor?? from a bed? good god, that is horrific

see if someone can be with you,maybe from local NCT or a local doula, even if not connected to you in anyway, they would be a good person to have with you, i know i would certainly do that for someone in your position

PeachyBAHons Mon 21-Jul-08 19:25:15

if it hadnt have been the school hols i'd have offered.

are there any advocacy groups in your town who could help?

ilovemydog Mon 21-Jul-08 19:25:57

There is still time!

Oh please try and get someone to go with you!

itati Mon 21-Jul-08 19:29:41

Where are you? I will help if I can.

NigellaTheOriginal Mon 21-Jul-08 19:30:13

Anyone from PALS? or PALS will have contact details of advocacy people.

sarah293 Mon 21-Jul-08 19:31:08

Message withdrawn

lulumama Mon 21-Jul-08 19:32:28

please try NCT or local doulas, you will need support

sarah293 Mon 21-Jul-08 19:33:04

Message withdrawn

itati Mon 21-Jul-08 19:33:28

Crap. Too far for me. sad

COME ON MN! There must be someone who can help riven tomorrow!!!

itati Mon 21-Jul-08 19:34:02

Shall I start a thread asking, riven, or will that make you uncomfortable?

CarGirl Mon 21-Jul-08 19:34:37

NCT may try to help you because they campaign for the rights of all parents - memberhip does not give you anything extra (it's nt permitted to)

cmotdibbler Mon 21-Jul-08 19:39:24

Riven - if you want some support from someone you've never met, I'd be glad to come down. Would it be at St Michaels ?

YeoValleyGirl Mon 21-Jul-08 19:40:06

Maybe one of the local independent midwives would be able to go with you. Although it's short notice, can you reschedule?

ilovemydog Mon 21-Jul-08 19:40:20

Is there a brain injury support group?

sarah293 Mon 21-Jul-08 19:43:01

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now