Talk

Advanced search

Stop this itchy burning!

(11 Posts)
Sunisshining12 Wed 03-Apr-19 19:54:59

Warning this may be tmi for some but I’m desperate for advice!

I’m 8 days PP. Today I’ve started getting really itchy & burning from the blood, literally just the entrance of my vag where I can feel the blood/wet.

The rest of the area is sore but not itching or burning. It’s just where the blood comes out.

Is this normal? How the hell do you make it stop?

I shower every day with non perfumed soap & obviously change my pads regularly, wash hands etc. I’ve tried different pads & today basically wore no underwear for a couple of hours having a lie down trying to air the area but it made no difference, as soon as I feel the blood it itches & burns a bit.

I’ve not had any other symptoms, no fever no real bad smell etc, just that typical period/sanitary smell.

Hope someone can advise!

OP’s posts: |
rosydreams Wed 03-Apr-19 20:02:13

i would ring your local gp for advice better to be safe than sorry

Sunisshining12 Wed 03-Apr-19 20:26:29

I will tomorrow, just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this & whether it’s normal or should I expect some sort of infection?

When im sitting down it’s not bad, it’s mainly bothersome when walking/standing

ifthewallscouldtalk Wed 03-Apr-19 21:09:07

Could be anything really - maybe just thrush? More susceptible to it because of the dampness from pads and general destruction of vag area. Best to get it looked at. Can community midwife take a peek?

Sunisshining12 Wed 03-Apr-19 21:19:48

I’ve never had thrush, so wondered is it just general PP discomfort or something more. I usually use tampons not pads, they seem to have irritated my skin too!

GummyGoddess Wed 03-Apr-19 21:22:57

Did you have stitches or a graze? Could it be the skin healing?

Sunisshining12 Wed 03-Apr-19 21:37:06

I had a small cut & stitches but they feel okay now. It’s my actual vag as & where the blood comes out that’s itching & burning. Almost as if it’s the blood itself irritating me. Sorry tmi! I don’t know who else to ask this time of night

keenwasalad Wed 03-Apr-19 21:43:06

Ermmm. Don't know what to suggest at this time of night really...
Do you have Vaseline you could slather round there? Or is that a terrible idea ?

GummyGoddess Wed 03-Apr-19 21:43:28

I'm inclined to think that it's a bit of stitch irritating you just under the skin as I had a similar pain with a stitch under my chin.

Can you go to your family centre or equivalent tomorrow? Even if it's a baby weigh in the health visitors will be able to offer advice.

ifthewallscouldtalk Wed 03-Apr-19 21:44:53

Sounds like thrush to me to be honest! No big deal. Don't worry, get it seen to tomorrow. Try to get your head down, you've probably got a long night ahead!

Sunisshining12 Wed 03-Apr-19 21:52:22

True! Thanks will call mw tomo

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in