Talk

Advanced search

Labour or constipation

(5 Posts)
Missbianca2707 Mon 17-Sep-18 19:50:44

Heyyy, in 37 and 2 days pregnant. Ive not had a bowel movement in nearly 3 weeks! Im on laxitives but for the last two days ive been having the worse period like pains and pains in lower back/bottom area that i cant sleep, think or put a sentence together. My question is am i maybe in labour?

OP’s posts: |
Caimor23 Wed 19-Sep-18 14:34:10

Hi, I don't have an exact answer for you, but I definitely feel your pain (literally... though it's been only about a week for me!).

I would say call your midwife to double check and keep track of when these pains are coming. If they're a consistent ache, I would lean more towards it being the constipation. In the mean time maybe add some prunes to your diet? I started eating some this morning and lo and behold... 'magic' happened (TMI, I know, I was just so excited when it happened though!). Good luck smile

PeoniesandPretties Wed 19-Sep-18 21:20:13

Been there and it definitely felt like childbirth! I couldn't even sit down. I took some fybrogel and knelt in a hot bath then laid on my side in bed. When I felt some movement I literally went to the loo and just pushed, painful but the relief was indescribable. I handled labor better as I knew I could have gas and air! Hope you feel better.

Missbianca2707 Fri 21-Sep-18 10:09:03

Update .... looks like it was both. I was in early labour, my waters broke 4am the next morning! To much info but it eventually came out after my little girl did, so back to normal . Thanks for your advice , much appreciated xxx

OP’s posts: |
justsobloodysad Fri 21-Sep-18 10:11:49

Congratulations on both counts!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in