Talk

Advanced search

What is going on? Help!

(7 Posts)
Polgaraisbloodylate Sun 23-Oct-16 21:21:41

My due date was last Wednesday. I've been having rotten 'period' pains since the Tuesday. They start every day around midday and go on and until ten at night and then stop, every day.

Is this normal? What is going on?

Help!

RNBrie Sun 23-Oct-16 21:26:01

It is quite normal! Any sort of period pains etc around your due date is normal.

Is the baby moving around ok? Have you had any unusual discharge?

LillianFullStop Sun 23-Oct-16 22:35:03

Sounds like prodromal labour OP - I've had the same for the last 2 weeks (my due date is today). Same time every day too - mine is 1-3am...

I've got another post on this topic about it and I've linked some articles I've found. Odd they don't talk about it in antenatal classes or pregnancy books.

Anyone have or is experiencing prodromal/stop-start/false labour?
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childbirth/2762785-anyone-have-or-is-experiencing-prodromal-stop-start-false-labour

Polgaraisbloodylate Mon 24-Oct-16 14:58:13

Baby is moving a lot, kicking, wiggling, hiccuping etc. He's a big lad!

No odd discharge.

I'll have a look at that Lillian, cheers

NickyEds Mon 24-Oct-16 21:32:12

I had this. Every night for about 2 weeks up to my due date bloody tightening s/Braxton Hicks/mini contractions all night long- I would get a bit excited that things were happening then everything would tail off by morning. I had a nice quick labour and easy birth with no tears if it's any consolation! Mw said a lot of hard work had been done.

Polgaraisbloodylate Tue 25-Oct-16 11:37:59

It's stopped now, haven't had any for a couple of days. No idea what's going on.

NickyEds Tue 25-Oct-16 13:36:46

It's odd but I had lots of false starts but I actually went into labour in the middle of the night, the day my sister broke up from school (she's a teacher). We had back up plans for child care for ds but she was by far the easiest option so part of me thinks I was just waiting for her to be available so I could relax!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now