Talk

Advanced search

Second Back to Back Labour- was it any better?

(12 Posts)
VanillaCheesecake Wed 17-Feb-16 22:27:28

Hello- due to give birth imminently (second baby)... baby firmly sitting back to back apparently. I'm doing everything I can to encourage a move, but if it's anything like last time, he's gonna come out this way.

My last birth was back to back and HORRENDOUS.

Am I kidding myself that the next one might be better???

sad

sootica Wed 17-Feb-16 22:30:35

I had three back to back labours and the second was better than the first and the third was much better than the first two. Quicker and I was less panicked and had better coping techniques. google Spikey yoga ball - I got DH to grind one into my lower back for hours. Would recommend water too

sootica Wed 17-Feb-16 22:30:50

As in a water birth for pain relief

VanillaCheesecake Wed 17-Feb-16 22:33:17

Thank you Sootica that does make me feel better xx

moopymoodle Wed 17-Feb-16 22:34:50

My 2nd back to back was easy. First was 3 days long slow labour argh.

2nd was fast and spontaneous. Zero pain relief as so quick.

Cakescakescakes Wed 17-Feb-16 22:35:58

First one was horrific, traumatic, thought I was going to die. Second one was piece of cake - some gas and air and and I was up and about straight after. It'll be fine smile

Cakescakescakes Wed 17-Feb-16 22:36:28

Both back to back

Hooleywhipper Wed 17-Feb-16 22:37:56

Both back to back,second one much better. Good luck

VanillaCheesecake Wed 17-Feb-16 22:37:56

Oh wow thank you this is very encouraging. Thank you for your replies xxx

SquidgeyMidgey Fri 19-Feb-16 20:26:35

Both of mine were back to back. According to the mws dc1 didn't turn. Ouch. No idea if dc2 turned as DH delivered her. Second one was less than 2 hours from the first contraction to out.

Amiatotalmug Fri 19-Feb-16 20:30:13

Both mine were back to back and labours were like night and day! First horrific, ended up with epidural, a cut and emergency forceps. Took me weeks, if not months to feel normal again.

Second labour was as long as first but managed it on G&a plus a shot
Of morphine. Was up and showering by myself 1.5hrs after having him and only suffered a small tear.

2nd baby was smaller but still in a rubbish position, my body definitely knew what it was doing 2nd time round.

good luck op, they do say 2nd births are generally easier and in my case it was- although I didn't believe anyone when they told me that lol!!

NickyEds Fri 19-Feb-16 22:44:47

Two back to back labours here. First was long and agony-I was still having nightmares months later. Second was short and whilst still very painful, no where near as bad. Five hours from start to finish with no tears and a good,speedy recovery

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now