Talk

Advanced search

Hypnobirthing courses central & South London

(11 Posts)
grace11 Sat 01-Aug-15 07:38:13

Can anyone recommend a course/practitioner in London? I'm based in South London - Crystal Palace, so anywhere around there would be ideal or somewhere central. I wanted to attend Katherine Graves's 2 day course in August at st Thomas's but it's full.

Thank you! x

MabelSideswipe Sat 01-Aug-15 08:02:18

You can search for a Natal Hypnotherapy Practioner here: www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk

There are a few in South London.

grace11 Sat 01-Aug-15 11:04:53

Thank you - personal recommendations would be great too x

BadgerFace Sat 01-Aug-15 12:10:04

Have a search on the East Dulwich Forum - I have seen recommendations for a couple of practitioners on there which will be fairly local for you.

grace11 Sat 01-Aug-15 16:48:53

Thank you, I'll have a look x

daluze Sat 01-Aug-15 19:54:50

UCH offer hypnobirthing course, it is fabulous and I felt very relaxed and prepared for the birth. Also, since it is offered and approved by UCH, there are no clashes with hospital guidelines. I am not sure how it works if you give birth in a different hospital though, but if you can still take thid course, I highly recommend it.

Topsy34 Sat 01-Aug-15 22:09:05

Try Ashley, i havent used her personallu for hypno, but have known her for a few years, and she is so lovely and supportive

doula.org.uk/content/ashley-scott-fisher-doula-profile

WalkingThePlank Sat 01-Aug-15 22:20:57

Helen Redfern works in Croydon if that's not too far for you. Her website is www.helenredfernbirthandbaby.com

MabelSideswipe Sat 01-Aug-15 22:26:35

I can recommend Sandra Bush, a Natal Hypnotherapy Practioner. She has a workshop in August in Southfields, Wandsworth. Www.birthconfidence.com.

grace11 Tue 04-Aug-15 19:37:24

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look - I'd sort of given up as it's going to be an issue to find someone to look after my daughter whilst we attend a course. Some private sessions in our home would work so I'll try that route if it's not a lot more than a group course. Might have to just stick to books and CDs like last time...

kofi2014 Wed 05-Aug-15 16:40:08

I just completed course with Hollie from Lyndon Hypnobirthing. She's based in East Dulwich so not too far from where you are and I really enjoyed it, it was a really fun, relaxed class and i definitely feel much more relaxed and prepared for birth ( although am a few months away from giving birth yet so can't report on how it helped me!) The website is www.londonhypnobirthing.co.uk/ if you're interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now