Advanced search

Hypnobirthing courses central & South London

(11 Posts)
grace11 Sat 01-Aug-15 07:38:13

Can anyone recommend a course/practitioner in London? I'm based in South London - Crystal Palace, so anywhere around there would be ideal or somewhere central. I wanted to attend Katherine Graves's 2 day course in August at st Thomas's but it's full.

Thank you! x

MabelSideswipe Sat 01-Aug-15 08:02:18

You can search for a Natal Hypnotherapy Practioner here:

There are a few in South London.

grace11 Sat 01-Aug-15 11:04:53

Thank you - personal recommendations would be great too x

BadgerFace Sat 01-Aug-15 12:10:04

Have a search on the East Dulwich Forum - I have seen recommendations for a couple of practitioners on there which will be fairly local for you.

grace11 Sat 01-Aug-15 16:48:53

Thank you, I'll have a look x

daluze Sat 01-Aug-15 19:54:50

UCH offer hypnobirthing course, it is fabulous and I felt very relaxed and prepared for the birth. Also, since it is offered and approved by UCH, there are no clashes with hospital guidelines. I am not sure how it works if you give birth in a different hospital though, but if you can still take thid course, I highly recommend it.

Topsy34 Sat 01-Aug-15 22:09:05

Try Ashley, i havent used her personallu for hypno, but have known her for a few years, and she is so lovely and supportive

WalkingThePlank Sat 01-Aug-15 22:20:57

Helen Redfern works in Croydon if that's not too far for you. Her website is

MabelSideswipe Sat 01-Aug-15 22:26:35

I can recommend Sandra Bush, a Natal Hypnotherapy Practioner. She has a workshop in August in Southfields, Wandsworth.

grace11 Tue 04-Aug-15 19:37:24

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look - I'd sort of given up as it's going to be an issue to find someone to look after my daughter whilst we attend a course. Some private sessions in our home would work so I'll try that route if it's not a lot more than a group course. Might have to just stick to books and CDs like last time...

kofi2014 Wed 05-Aug-15 16:40:08

I just completed course with Hollie from Lyndon Hypnobirthing. She's based in East Dulwich so not too far from where you are and I really enjoyed it, it was a really fun, relaxed class and i definitely feel much more relaxed and prepared for birth ( although am a few months away from giving birth yet so can't report on how it helped me!) The website is if you're interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now