Advanced search

DS was breech, DC2 is breech....

(5 Posts)
AllBoxedUp Thu 01-May-14 18:20:47

Have posted this in pregnancy as well....

DS was breech and I had an ELCS at 39 weeks. I'm now 38 weeks with DC2 and the midwife thinks it is another breech pregnancy. I had been getting ready to have a VBAC (and was even thinking of a HBAC) but now trying to get my head around another C section. I can't get a presentation scan until 39w2d so won't know for nearly a week. I've been saying at my last 2 checks that I thought the baby was breech as it felt exactly the same as last time but was told each time it was ok.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone else has experience of multiple breech pregnancies. I have been told that maybe my uterus is just shaped in such a way that it encourages the babies to lie like that. Last time I did everything I could to get DS to change to head down and I don't know if I have the energy to try. I spent ages with my bum in the air, tried a warm bath with a cold pack on my bump, moxibustion and lying upside down on the ironing board. The midwife today suggested looking into accupressure. Have any of these worked for you?

I didn't have an ECV last time as there was low amniotic fluid and I don't really like the sound of it. Any experience of having it with a 2nd breech baby?

Thanks for reading.

foolonthehill Thu 01-May-14 22:23:06

I think ECV would be contraindicated in a case where you had previous surgery as adhesions increase the risk to you and decrease the likelihood of success.

Accupressure is a nice non-invasive, gentle way to go and practitioners are good at stress reduction as well.

sometimes life just throws you a curve ball...try not to stress. the joy of living in a developed country in 21st century is being able to make choices around the delivery methods for our children

good luck

tethersend Thu 01-May-14 22:29:50

Both my DCs were breech, although DD2 turned literally on the morning of the cs confused and I had to firmly insist that I was going in for the OP rather than going home and waiting for natural labour grin

I was very happy to have 2csecs, though.

mawbroon Thu 01-May-14 22:35:13

I had a cs for ds1 because he was breech. Turned out I have a heart shaped uterus.

DS2 was breech or sideways for most of the pregnancy and I was really worried about having another section because I was on crutches following orthopaedic surgery.

Luckily for me, he was more than 1.5lbs smaller than ds1 and was able to turn head down, and my uterus was probably a bit stretchier too.

I also tried everything to turn ds1. None of it worked, but I really think he was desperately trying to turn and was just completely stuck. Moxibustion in particular resulted in a lot of movement.

Good luck.

AllBoxedUp Thu 01-May-14 22:43:13

Thanks for the replies. I don't think a ELCS is the worst case scenario but I am a bit sad at the thought of not experiencing labour (while partly relieved as well). It's encouraging to hear of babies turning at that late a stage but I don't know what I would do in that situation. I'm also glad an ECV isn't an option as I think they sound quite scary but I might have felt obliged to give it a go. I think it's going to be an interesting week ahead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now