Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Independent midwife recommendations

(6 Posts)
pali1978 Tue 18-Jun-13 14:10:51

We are due early next year and, though there is uncertainty about IMs being able to deliver babies post October, I understand that they can continue to provide antenatal/postnatal care and attend your hospital birth. Can anyone recommend an IM who covers central/west/north London? Thank you!

carlyvita Tue 18-Jun-13 18:23:39

Not in area, but can honestly say that you'll know when you find the one that's right for you! Meet up with a few and see what unfolds. The IMUK website I think has some good pointers too, and of course a postcode search to locate those in your area.

Independent Midwifery care was the best thing I have ever bought. Wish I'd known the value of them prior to having my first quite frankly!

Hope that you, your friends and family have all signed the petition to get help for I.Ms to find workable affordable insurance in the U.K!

epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/44382

All the very best in choosing the right midwife for you, enjoy!

Minifingers Tue 18-Jun-13 19:13:37

Google Tina Perridge. She hs delivered several mumsnetters babies and is fab.

fuckwittery Tue 18-Jun-13 20:48:33

A friend of mine who used to be an indep. Mw suggested these
www.londonbirthpractice.co.uk/
I've just booked an IM for Oct, best decision ever and the government have promised to sort out the insurance position so fingers crossed!

Wheredidmyyouthgo Thu 20-Jun-13 23:14:16

I used Nyree Wright for DD in 2009. She was wonderful.

sagefemme

wessexindependentmidwifeErika Sun 23-Jun-13 23:23:30

You are correct that there is uncertainty past Oct - but Dan Poulter Health Minister told me and others present in a meeting to continue booking clients who need us whilst they work towards a solution with us. We are also very hopeful to have an insurance product in place soon - but need government support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now