Talk

Advanced search

Just how much of a slow trickle can your waters be?

(5 Posts)
Bluemonkeyspots Wed 03-Apr-13 12:13:02

Had a "good" sweep this morning at 40+2 and have felt a little trickle a few times since.

Have got a pad on and the fluid does seem to have that distinctive waters smell but I'm worried I'm mixing it up with the smell of the gel she used for the sweep.

Have been fairly active the last few hours and have maybe felt a teaspoon amount about 4 times. It's not a lot is it? Is it possible?

Btw had a load of sweeps before that never done a thing so I'm not being a drama queen about it all (I hope)

NAR4 Wed 03-Apr-13 18:51:37

If in doubt, get them to check at the hospital. I was told to put a pad on and lie down for half an hour. If its your waters there will be a little trickle when you stand up.

Mine trickled slowly on and off throughout my 4th labour. The trickle was such a small amount that the midwife decided to try and break my waters to see if they had actually gone or it would make them go. Turned out they had gone.

Bluemonkeyspots Wed 03-Apr-13 19:33:37

They have gone!

Waiting on labour to start or getting induced tomorrow. Aarrrhghhhh

sianilovesbeingamummy Wed 03-Apr-13 20:24:30

all the best, hope all goes well x

NAR4 Thu 04-Apr-13 22:35:34

Very exciting. Baby arriving soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now