Talk

Advanced search

Tummy a funny shape - six days post birth

(5 Posts)
Hormoneoverload Thu 07-Jul-11 15:14:37

I know, I know! This is baby three so I kind of know to expect weirdness in the tummy department! But I've not seen this before. Have rounded tummy at the top, like pregnant. Then it slopes with a straight line down to bikini line. I mentioned it to midwife who had a feel, but didn't look at my profile! So feel no further forward. Did have boggy uterus after dd born (all 9lb 8oz-so extra weirdness expected!) and they said the fundus was high. Any wisdom on this one? My mother in law will be so pleased I now have mumsnet-the other two times I had endless questions for her!

homeedmam11 Fri 08-Jul-11 12:54:14

Im sure its fine as long as you feel ok, and no pain etc?
Maybe ask GP.x

Bex22 Sun 10-Jul-11 21:27:02

HI, I have just posted a thread about my weird tummy- still looks pregnant- I have just had baby no 3 and instead of normal jelly belly look as if I am pregnant still and have extremely firm rounded stomach- especially at the top. Apparently my abdominal muscles have divided- thanks a lot!- and it's going to take a lot longer than normal to get figure back! Hope this is useful x

Hormoneoverload Sun 10-Jul-11 21:36:01

Really helpful, bex. Will mention to midwife tomorrow. Bit scary though!!

Hormoneoverload Mon 11-Jul-11 15:10:25

Just saw midwife-thinks muscles have divided and suggested referral to obstetric physio! And being careful about using muscles. Bit nervous but apparently they'll go back to a greater or lesser extent. Wasn't really considering entering tummy of the year anywaygrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now