Talk

Advanced search

Pinderfields Hospital Wakefield

(9 Posts)
ipredicttrouble Wed 25-May-11 15:34:56

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of giving birth at the new maternity unit at Pinderfields hospital in Wakefield.

I'm due to give birth there in a few weeks and don't know much about it or anyone who has delivered there.

Any comments would be great.

Thanks

cameli Wed 25-May-11 18:36:00

I gave birth there 13 days ago. It's lovely & new, midwives were fab but food was shit. I was induced at 37+4 because of obstetric cholestasis so was pretty much strapped down in labour & then I had to have manual removal of my placenta in theatre which took 1.5 hours & I had pph but the midwives/doctors were amazing-I had fantastic care all the way through my pregnancy.

It is a very busy hospital though & I can see how some people with very low risk pregnancies might get overlooked as there are so many high risk pregnancies in there.

ipredicttrouble Fri 27-May-11 20:17:06

Thanks for the info cameli. It's so hard to know how things are going to be. I gave birth at Dewsbury last time which was absolutely fine, midwives great etc. but I must admit that I have been lured by the new facilities this time.

We'll see. smile

Hope things are going well with your newborn?

ipredicttrouble Sun 29-May-11 17:09:48

Bump

BikeRunSki Sun 29-May-11 17:15:48

I am booked into Barnsley, but live between Wakey/Barnsley/Hudds and mw deals with ladies at all of these hospitals (and Dewsbury, Rotherham and Sheff). She raves (in a good way!) about the new Pinderfield mat wing. Not enough the persuade me to change - the food at Barnsley in fab!

ellie21 Sun 29-May-11 20:29:39

I've heard Pinderfields are good. I went to Huddersfield Birth Centre and I can not rate the place highly enough. The midwives and facilities are all fantastic and it was a really positive experience for me. All the best x

BikeRunSki Sun 29-May-11 22:15:58

Prob with Huddersfield, is, if there's a problem you get transferred to Halifax in an ambulance. 2 of my friends have described this as the scariest and most uncomfortable 20 mins of their lives. Would rather have Obs and Gynae on site!

ellie21 Mon 30-May-11 07:46:41

Yeah I have to say I did think that at one point. Obviously you can't have an epidural there either. But you do get excellent one on one care and the facilities are brilliant, so I suppose its good for anyone who is low risk.

ipredicttrouble Tue 31-May-11 20:58:06

Thanks for the comments ladies.

I'll report back in a few weeks! (if I get time wink)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now