Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

D-Date surge of cheeriness

(2 Posts)
Jobob80 Mon 22-Nov-10 17:06:19

I've been checking mumsnet daily since I stopped work two weeks ago, and it's been great to see so many people having a similar experience to me. So I joined

Today is my due-date. For the last two weeks I've been on tenterhooks -- Friday was the worst as I got the mucus plug in late afternoon; all weekend I've been tired, impatient and somewhat miserable. Not to mention that I've been getting powerful BH contractions, meaning that my whole abdomen has been like a tense ball of unweildy and uncomfortable flesh almost constantly all weekend, even when sleeping.

Today, my abdomen relaxed. I'm still heavy, baby is still lying heavily and low in my pelvis, I'm still prone to backache and I've still not started any proper contractions... Yet I feel relaxed, cheerful and capable in a way I haven't felt for weeks. Sounds a bit like nesting, only I'm channeling it into housework mainly because I'm at home and there are a couple of small jobs to be done, not because I feel a sudden drive to make everything clean and tidy.

Still, it's fantastic to feel this positive and relaxed. Everyone should get a day like this before labour, I think...

Mumwithadragontattoo Mon 22-Nov-10 23:28:06

I am so glad to hear you had a lovely due date and managed to get some stuff sorted before the baby arrives. How exciting to think you'll be holding your new baby in your arms in the next few days!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: