Talk

Advanced search

taking incubating duck eggs on holiday !!!

(4 Posts)
Madondogs Tue 07-Jun-11 15:17:33

Hi a friend of mine is incubating 2 duck eggs , second attempt and very excited!! however she is due to go on holiday to West Wales on saturday and wants to take the eggs with her if they have not hatched. what is the best way to transport them to keep them safe and at the correct temperature. Many thanks

mummymeister Tue 07-Jun-11 15:36:44

ooh this is a tricky one. it can be really difficult once they are set to move them about and keep the temp and humidity just right. Can't she leave them with someone else with strict instructions? Personally i wouldnt try it as if they do hatch then it is more by luck than judgement. does she think they may hatch whilst she is away. if so how will she look after them?

lostinwales Tue 07-Jun-11 21:47:37

Random but still....I have 5 duck eggs that hatched a couple of weeks ago in West Wales she could leave hers behind and just have a couple of those to go home with! Does she realise quite how much baby ducks poo and how bad it smells? Where will she be staying? Are they in an incubator at the moment, it's quite hard to hatch duck eggs without, in which case I suppose she could just strap them into the car seat, get a plug for the car voltage thingy and keep them going that way.

Does she intend to take ducklings on holiday with her if they have hatched? You must update, I'm really intrigued grin

mummymeister Wed 08-Jun-11 10:49:34

LIW - i am right with you there. I have to know how this thread finishes !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now