This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Erf for tall baby?

(10 Posts)
Misty414 Thu 09-Jul-15 20:32:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Alwaysinahurrynow Thu 09-Jul-15 20:51:11

I've used the Securatot company for both of our erf seats. They listen to your concerns and respond with what they think best but have ask responded when I've then said what about this different seat. I've found them better than our local biggest car seat retailer and they have videos online for how to fit. There is a huge erf board on babycentre which is great as I'm the only person I know who does it. My DS is almost 3 and has used forward-facing seats on holiday and transfers and other occasions and hasn't ever moaned out being rear-facing again. My only advice would be decide whether you want a 5-point or an impact bar-thingy as that has a lot of influence over your choice of seat.

Alwaysinahurrynow Thu 09-Jul-15 20:52:47

Btw, we have 2 dualfixes and have just purchased a axkid minikid (2 cars, 2 DS) so need four car seats (ouch!).

pookamoo Thu 09-Jul-15 20:53:57

I am rolling around with laughter because I actually thought this was a baby names thread!!!!! grin

Actually, we use ERF with our DC. DD2 is 3.10 and loads of space left, she is in a Besafe izi.

MrsSpencerReid Thu 09-Jul-15 20:55:10

Have a look at the nuna rebel, very similar to the cybex but the seat is 2" higher and weight goes up to 19.5kg, we would have got it but due to a crash and needing a car seat now we got the cybex, ds1 who is in this seat is short so no worries there, ds2 however is gigantic and is in a joie stages ATM and has loads of room in it, might be worth a look

MrsSpencerReid Thu 09-Jul-15 20:56:31

If it's close I can highly recommend Paul stride in York

MrsExcited Thu 09-Jul-15 21:03:58

I am not there yet as still pregnant, but am seriously looking at the Nuna Rebl - pricy but sounds and looks good, it rotates to both forward and backwards plus lots of tilt. It looks easy to take baby in and out of due to the rotation.

Misty414 Thu 09-Jul-15 21:39:09

AliceMum09 Thu 09-Jul-15 23:57:21

You'll probably want a seatbelt-fitted seat, they have a weight limit of 25kgs (about 6 years - my DD1 is 6 1/2 and weighs 23.5kgs) and therefore have a taller seat shell to accommodate older children.

My DD2 has a Britax Multi Tech II, it's suitable from 9kgs though so would not be suitable for your baby just yet. I really like it, and it's super-easy to get her in and out because the seat is not a deep bucket shape. I put her 'onto' the seat rather than having to lift her 'up and over' into it.

You can keep using the Cabriofix until your daughter's head becomes level with the top of the seat. She won't need the headhugger for much longer.

Misty414 Fri 10-Jul-15 10:50:40

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now