Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

does anyone really make meals in this silly little pans?

(10 Posts)
ReallyReally Mon 03-Aug-09 14:20:46

spent weekend swearing at tiny camping pan set with its detachable bloody handle

do you just take normal pans?

also <ahem> what do you cook?

LittleFriendSusan Mon 03-Aug-09 16:30:01

We've just got the Coleman Family cookset: www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Family-Cookset/dp/B000YEU9NA - it's great, though would be nice to have little handles on either side of the smaller pan, rather than the removable one (though this worked fine!)

We had a crappy little aluminium (perhaps?) set until this year, was very cheap from Argos I believe... every pan got little perforations in the bottom eventually so not much use for boiling pasta, etc!

What do we cook? Think there's thread just above / below this one, we tend to do pretty much the same as everyone else! Pasta & some sort of sauce / pesto / stir-fry & straight to wok noodles or pre-cooked rice / curry / chilli and rice / barbecued meat & salad / couscous, etc / fajitas, etc. etc.

sarah293 Mon 03-Aug-09 16:51:35

Message withdrawn

supersalstrawberry Mon 03-Aug-09 16:54:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lilymaid Mon 03-Aug-09 17:02:01

The little camping pan sets are really for backpacking. If you are camping from a car, just take a selection of ordinary pans.

lisad123 Mon 03-Aug-09 17:14:47

I got a great set of 3 pans from asda this week for a £10, and they had lids tooo

dobby2001 Mon 03-Aug-09 23:48:06

somone at our last camp had these, absolutely fab grin
http://www.homeandcook.co.uk/product.aspx?pid=179

supersalstrawberry Tue 04-Aug-09 12:03:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

melrose Tue 04-Aug-09 13:19:11

Coleman family set is fab, big pot can be used for everything and really easy to wash up too as non stick. My crappy aluminium set got chucked after out first trip!

ZoeC Tue 04-Aug-09 13:59:10

these are a good family size

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now