Talk

Advanced search

I would just like to declare my undying love for the North West Highlands!

(10 Posts)
milkycuntalinasgone Fri 03-Jul-09 09:11:28

Just back from Sands Holiday Centre near Gairloch and OH MY GOD what an amazing place! Thank you so much to anyone that recommended it to me, it is well worth the horrendously long drive.

The campsite is fantastic and I am not a 'beach person' but had a wee tear in my eye when I took one last look at Big Sands.

Beautiful place smile.

weegiemum Fri 03-Jul-09 09:13:54

It is amazing! For us "only" a 4 hour drive from Glasgow but worth every minute.

Glad you had a good time.

milkycuntalinasgone Fri 03-Jul-09 09:16:05

<ahem> who recommended it!

envy at young only being 4 hours away, it's 10 for us.

chevre Tue 07-Jul-09 21:54:11

yep i was there this weekend, it was glorious. blazing hot. swam in the sea every day. it is the best run campsite i have been to in the uk.

wiggletastic Tue 07-Jul-09 22:01:09

Very envy.

That whole area is stunning. Did you go to Red Sand? Flowerdale Falls? Badachro? the Lighthouse? I worked in Gairloch for a whole summer when I was a student and it was fab. (well, apart from the midgies sad)

I was about to say didn't the midwges drive you mad.

chevre Tue 07-Jul-09 22:25:07

midges weren't too bad. you generally get some sort of breeze off the sea.

Simples Tue 07-Jul-09 22:25:57

God i went to Gairloch Big sands in the late 70s

milkyandhoney Wed 08-Jul-09 11:25:33

Wiggle - yep we did Red Sand but the flies drove us to distraction there!Gorgeous beach though. We went through Badacro (so pretty) and to the lighthouse.

I heart Big Sands, and that view when you walk between the huge dunes and see the beach...

I want to go again now!

We were in one of their statics this time but we'll definitely return with the tent.

chevre Wed 08-Jul-09 14:40:16

simple - everyone i know in scotland appears to have been to big sands at some point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now