Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy a bucket with lid????

(14 Posts)
SpringfieldMum Mon 14-Jul-08 12:03:02

Firstly, hello! I've been lurking on here for yonks now - it's my favourite mumsnet topic by far!

We (me, dh and ds, age 6) got into camping at the end of last year, so are v v v excited about the 3 camping trips we have planned this year, so far!

We are going here at the weekend with friends. The toilets are yonks away from where we are camping, so I need to get a bucket with a lid for the middle of the night (more likely for dh than ds!).

So far I've been to Tescos, Boots, ToysRUs, Asda and Wilkinsons to find one, but with no luck. Any ideas?

And what the current thinking on using cat litter to avoid wee being spilt everywhere???

Thanks in advance and a promise that you'll see more of me from now on!

Blandmum Mon 14-Jul-08 12:03:35

Mothercare is where I got mine, any moons ago

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 14-Jul-08 12:04:07

Somewhere that does nappy pails? They usually have a lid.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

seb1 Mon 14-Jul-08 12:09:54

Boots

Goober Mon 14-Jul-08 12:16:23

An old-fashioned hardware shop.
It is called a coal-bucket.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 14-Jul-08 12:17:22

I use the compost bin that sainsburys sell - we got one for free once if we bought a pack of the liners. Cos its rectangular it fits in my rucksack and I can nonchalantly take it to the loos to clean it out without it being so obvious.

thumbwitch Mon 14-Jul-08 12:29:48

if you want one with a tight fitting lid, get a distilling/brewing fermentation bucket - I was given one for my cloth nappies, it's brilliant! try here

SpringfieldMum Mon 14-Jul-08 12:33:36

blimey- you lot work fast!
Thank you so much - will go back to Boots and scowl at the lady who told me they didn't do them!
I'm liking the idea of a brewing bucket - just need to see if I can find one in a store as we go on Friday. If not, I'll go to the (larger) Boots near where I work.
Thanks again

thumbwitch Mon 14-Jul-08 13:07:39

not a 10L one. they come in different sizes.

MindingMum Mon 14-Jul-08 21:01:13

We use ordinary Wilco bucket without a lid lined with a carrier bag and couple of scoops of cat litter

SpringfieldMum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:03:14

Have secured bucket with lid from boots - but will also do the cat litter thing as the lid just rests on top, does not click IFYSWIM. Would have liked the homebrew small bucket but couldn't find one.
Thanks again for all your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now