Talk

Advanced search

Rainwear for camping - and how to amuse children if it's wet!

(14 Posts)
Waswondering Tue 26-Jun-07 21:29:38

We are camping in the Lake District for a week in July. Hmmm. Last year the weather was 30 degrees every day, this year I have a feeling it may not be so kind! I need a new waterproof for me and the dc only have standard going to the supermarket type wet weather gear - not "stuck in a field for a week" stuff.

So tell me - are there any good places to get waterproofs for a nearly 4yo ds and a just 1yo dd, and how do I amuse them if it is really wet???

littlelapin Tue 26-Jun-07 21:31:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Tue 26-Jun-07 21:31:50

moopymoo Tue 26-Jun-07 21:35:17

im camping in the lakes some time in july, depends when we will watch the weather. we were there last weekend, was wet but fab. my ds2 lived in this rainsuit

Waswondering Tue 26-Jun-07 21:36:29

Keswick, w/c 21 July (ie "Week 2" )

And how to amuse??

Kathyis6incheshigh Tue 26-Jun-07 21:38:39

4 year old might like the Keswick Pencil Museum where you can see the biggest pencil in the world.

Skribble Tue 26-Jun-07 22:55:54

You could amuse the kids with your naff waterproofs .

Pixel Tue 26-Jun-07 23:30:31

I got ds a jacket in Millets. We had a very wet week and it didn't leak at all. They seemed to have quite a good selection of kids' stuff there.

sallystrawberry Tue 26-Jun-07 23:34:37

Blueblob Tue 26-Jun-07 23:49:15

Can I lump on this thread? I have no probs with waterproofs for the kids but can't find any for me.

I don't care much when camping, have me reserved dry intent cothes (never to be taken outside) and outdoor ones. Me being odd but always reserve an indoor set of comft gear I can always rely on to be dry.

However I'm short and work weekends timing running, cylcing, triathlon races. It's often pretty wet. In winter I wear ski gear! but all the waterproof over trousers are massice on me. I'm a 10 / 12 but short. So not in kids size but would like not to roll them up that much!

Kathyis6incheshigh Wed 27-Jun-07 08:37:47

Not odd at all, Blueblob - it's the sort of thing SAS explorer types like Bear Grylls always tell you to do

slayerette Wed 27-Jun-07 08:45:08

Millets- kids' waterproofs start at age 3/4 and they have a decent range.

Waswondering Wed 27-Jun-07 19:17:44

I was planning on TK maxx for my own ones!

Peachy Wed 27-Jun-07 19:22:50

outdoor megastore ahve good deals on those all in one weathersuits for the younger one, and I have just ordered a regatta raincoat for ds2 for under £ (his got ripped today at school)

Blubob have you looked at the otlet village places? Clarks and brigend have some lovely high - end gear at fairly decent prices, might be wotth a check

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now