Talk

Advanced search

£1 stoves?! Really?

(6 Posts)
HexBramble Sun 07-Jun-15 23:29:17

B&M Bargsins have £1 stoves?! Really?!?

HexBramble Mon 08-Jun-15 06:51:12

Sorry - my message in the OP was chopped off.
I have checked it online - £1!!
I need to seriously downsize this holiday - camping over nighters in municipals so quick up and quick down (driving to Provence). The stove set up is far too big with my usual double burner and grill - I rather fancy the single burner this year.

Anyone actually used the B&M burner? I may pop into my local on way home just to buy a few to test.

Daisybell1 Mon 08-Jun-15 07:39:48

I was very tempted by these. If they're the ones I'm thinking of, they're solid fuel ones. They say that 4 of the little blocks will boil 2.5 cups of water. I had been thinking of one for boiling a kettle (until I got sucked in by a trangia) but I don't know how well it would cook a meal though.

HexBramble Mon 08-Jun-15 12:25:51

At that price, I'm going to buy a few to try out this weekend as a trial run.
I' shall feedback later.

jollyjester Mon 08-Jun-15 15:10:39

I spent my teenage years eating boil in the bag army rations cooked on these in cadets.

Trick is to fill a mess tin and secure the second one over the top, don't' know how quick it would cook a meal though.

HexBramble Thu 11-Jun-15 19:52:12

Well, they work long enough to cook bacon. I used up all 12 tablets on the burgers and still had to dash to the gas hob. I may buy a few boxes to boil the kettle - not for anything much else. Bacon and eggs butties on our first morning of camping perhaps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now