Talk

Advanced search

Landmann Tripod Barbeque

(9 Posts)
muchostinky Mon 15-Aug-11 20:35:53

I have been looking at these as my DP really likes the look of them and I want to try and make sure he likes this camping lark. grin

Anyone ever used one or one similar that they can recommend?

NettleTea Mon 15-Aug-11 21:13:36

we have got them for guests to use at our campsite, and they seem to be functioning well at what they do. Guests have used them for both fire pits and successfully for cooking, and have commented how good they are.

muchostinky Mon 15-Aug-11 22:23:45

Thanks Nettletea

muchostinky Mon 15-Aug-11 23:05:57

What about Dutch Ovens??? Oooohhhh, this buying stuff for camping is addictive! Don't know and can't decide!!

grin

Blu Mon 15-Aug-11 23:56:32

I have one of these Campfire grills. Great for cooking over a fire, and as I have the Rebel we can ue it when we need an off the ground BBQ, too.

Blu Tue 16-Aug-11 00:01:08

With the tripod BBQ, can you detatch the legs from the firepit / BBQ? To make it easier to pack?

I want one of those now...

muchostinky Tue 16-Aug-11 00:39:19

Oh blu I want one of those Campfire Grills now! grin. The choice is never endless.

NettleTea Tue 16-Aug-11 09:57:51

yes, you can take it all to pieces very easily for travelling.

winefairy Tue 16-Aug-11 16:55:36

Saw one of the tripod ones in action a couple of weeks ago and it looked lovely. All the DH's were giving it an envious glance. So surprised when I Googled it on our return and saw the price! Thought it would be a lot more.

And of course now that you have told me the firebowls legs detach, Nettle, then it has to be done, I'm afraid. That and a Cobb are next on my camping wishlist.

<stares financial ruin in the face>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now