Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Sore nipples

(6 Posts)
roslily Tue 29-Sep-09 18:29:56

When i first started BFing I got sore nipples with scabs. They cleared up and I have had no pain. Now 3 and half weeks in they are hurting again, only this time they only hurt after a feed. There is no pain during. Several midwives and HV at Baby cafe have checked my latch and it doesn't hurt when he feeds, just after.

Any ideas?

JetLi Tue 29-Sep-09 18:47:20

tiktok will probably tell me off grin but whisky worked a treat on my sore nips. They were much better within 24 hours. I diligently wiped off before each feed, but smelled like a distillery inbetween blush

pasturesnew Tue 29-Sep-09 18:51:07

Lansinoh or similar ointment should help you, also I think letting your nipples air dry if poss.

roslily Tue 29-Sep-09 18:59:34

I have been applying Lanisoh. I just fed baby and they were hurting during too.

I will keep going.

pasturesnew Wed 30-Sep-09 10:03:21

Sorry to hear that. If you are confident the latch is working well I would think they should get better by themselves in a couple of days. Good luck! Paracetamol might help?

alypaly Wed 30-Sep-09 10:04:38

kamillosan is good

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: