Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

What are those things called, that you put on your other breast when you're nursing and it catches the milk?

(8 Posts)
TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Tue 01-Sep-09 10:06:25

And no, I don't mean a toddler.


Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 10:06:56

Message withdrawn

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Tue 01-Sep-09 10:09:12

I use a muslin or towel.

ReneRusso Tue 01-Sep-09 10:09:26

breast pad.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Tue 01-Sep-09 10:13:59

No, I haven't explained myself properly.

You put it in your bra and it catches the milk so you can use it later instead of expressing. My friend used them so I know they exist!

mummyneedsalatte Tue 01-Sep-09 10:15:02

they are called breast shells and are really good as if like me you leaked a lot from the other breast whilst feeding on one you can collect the milk and store it in the fridge in a bottle -you will be amazed how much you have by the end of the day and then you can freeze it!! Mothercare sell them.

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 10:16:12

Message withdrawn

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Tue 01-Sep-09 10:20:30

Aha! Breast shells! It would seem so.

I looked it up after Dogs' post, but I think I got them confused with nipple shields.

Have just phoned local Mothercare and they've put some to one side for me! Woot!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: