Talk

Advanced search

expressing for a 7 week old baby - advice please

(6 Posts)
friendly Fri 21-Aug-09 22:06:28

I am going to be leaving my 7week old with dh tomorrow. I will feed him before I go so he probably won't need a feed but I am going to leave a bottle just in case (only out for a couple of hours max). He's never had a bottle before and I have no idea, despite him being my 6th, how much I should leave for him. Any advice would be welcome, thank you.

ThePinkOne Fri 21-Aug-09 22:09:14

You might find you're restricted by how much you can express! It can take practice to get huge amounts. That said I would think a couple of oz (sorry don't do ml!) would do just until you get back.
Although this is from someone whose DS won't take a bottle at all wink

friendly Sat 22-Aug-09 21:13:00

Thank you pink one. I left about 3 oz and then was only a couple of hours and it wasn't needed. Now my question is how long can I keep it in the fridge. Probably chuck it tomorrow if not used?

ThePinkOne Sat 22-Aug-09 23:45:11

See if you can search the archives on here but I think it's way longer than you'd think - like a week shock

I guess you could taste it and see? Or you could freeze it as long as it's been in the fridge since you expressed it and it lasts for about 3 months in the freezer.

dingdong05 Sun 23-Aug-09 00:06:19

This information is definately in cyber space somewhere, can't remember it off the top of my head. Formula has to be chucked after 24 hours, I think, but i'm sure breast milk lasts longer, and freezes well.
I had bags of the stuff at one point

whingingDailyHateMail Sun 23-Aug-09 00:12:26

I think its 5 days in fridge, it will be on kellymom I'm sure.

Aha - here it is

8 days it says. Think the UK guidelines are shorter for some reason but I tend to believe kellymom on most thingswink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now