Talk

Advanced search

alcohol and breast feeding

(7 Posts)
popsycal Wed 13-Apr-05 19:45:36

have searched archives and visuted kellymom.com and know the basics about alcohol and breast feeding but can't fibd the answer to the following question....

how much could I drink, say, this evening, and carry on feeding as normal for the rest of the night (normal in our case is about every 2.5 hours but occasionally every 2)

tia

Satine Wed 13-Apr-05 19:48:26

I used to have the odd glass of wine or beer and it didn't have an effect on either of my two - but then someone will probably now tell me that I've damaged their tiny livers..... just that after abstaining for most of the pregnancies I really fancied the odd drink!

Yorkiegirl Wed 13-Apr-05 19:48:27

Message withdrawn

Mum2girls Wed 13-Apr-05 19:54:22

Call me an old lush, but I had a drink whenever it was offered! Probably up to 4 glasses of wine in an evening. And once I got astociously drunk - too drunk too feed thank god so dp gave her a bottle.

cod Wed 13-Apr-05 19:54:59

Message withdrawn

tiktok Wed 13-Apr-05 20:07:22

Really, it is up to you. The archives have all the refs in. If you don't want any alcohol in your breastmilk, leave an a hour and a half per unit of alcohol before feeding.

popsycal Wed 13-Apr-05 20:16:36

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now