Talk

Advanced search

Can I take cough medicine while breastfeeding????

(8 Posts)
eilidhfi Mon 13-Oct-08 21:25:12

It says to ask my pharmicist or doctor but neither of them are around right now and I can't talk for coughing anyway so I'm asking you.

It's Benylin non-drowsy for chesty coughs if that makes any difference...

T (cough) I (cough) A (coughcough)

Imawurzel Mon 13-Oct-08 21:27:42

ooh, i don't know but i had buttercup syrup, that's really mild. helped me. want me to bring you some??
grin

eilidhfi Mon 13-Oct-08 21:30:20

Pleeeeeeeeeeease!

I'm thinking that it doesn't say 'No you must not take this as it will cause your child to grow a third ear and turn green.' So it can't really be that bad?!

I'm waiting 2 more minutes then I'm taking some anyway, unless you can get here before that Wurzel.

Imawurzel Mon 13-Oct-08 21:33:47

Darn it!! my super duper get there in a flash machine has gone missing.
Now where did i leave it?? hmm
How bout phoning that nhs number??
Bit extreme maybe??

eilidhfi Mon 13-Oct-08 21:38:35

That was very careless of you. Look down the back of the couch, mine is always falling down there grin

I could phone that nhs thing or I could just down the whole bottle and be off to bed...

I'll update on how DD's third ear and green tinge are coming along tomorrow. Night night

ilovetochat Mon 13-Oct-08 21:40:07

i asked pharmacist when i had a sore throat and the only thing you are supposed to take is honey and lemon linctus.

eilidhfi Mon 13-Oct-08 21:42:52

[spits out cough medicine emoticon]

Aww crap.

potoroo Mon 13-Oct-08 21:55:32

I took children's cough syrup once while I was BFing - I was desperate. I reasoned that if it was OK for 1 year olds, it was OK for BFing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: