Talk

Advanced search

newmum needs support

(5 Posts)
caz1512 Sun 05-Oct-08 11:40:28

my nearly 3 weeks old and some feeds will take 5 oz of formula she becomes very unsettled after her 7 o clock feed and i find it hard to wind her i feel totally helpless thiking that im no help to her

Bumperlicious Sun 05-Oct-08 11:50:05

It's still really early days. She is just getting used to the world. I think the evening can often be a quite unsettled time for babies in general. Do you think the wind is bothering her? Do have a partner? Men are sometimes more efficient at getting wind up as they are less erm...gentle grin.

Of course you are help for her, you are providing her every need. Don't beat yourself up, the first few weeks are like a haze of not knowing what to do!

lulumama Sun 05-Oct-08 11:52:35

is she upset? crying? obvious signs of winding ? maybe she is still hungry? it is quite typical for newborns to feed very frequently. some babies do have an unsettled period in the evenings, a sling to keep your baby close might help.. so you can walk around/ sit down/ lie down with her near you

pudding25 Sun 05-Oct-08 12:03:42

Is she overtired?

madmouse Sun 05-Oct-08 15:42:06

how do you wind her?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now