Talk

Advanced search

i really really need some help

(7 Posts)
jammi Tue 30-Sep-08 22:28:07

Message withdrawn

FanjolinaJolly Tue 30-Sep-08 22:33:01

Have you tried expressing BM?

Re going out,GO GO GO.It is really hard to leave them at first but it gradually gets better,honest.DON'T take your phone,and relax.Your DP will cope

thingamajig Tue 30-Sep-08 22:43:12

Sorry to hear this, my little girl is 9mo and still wont take a beaker. The advice given is to keep trying and in the meantime give milky foods e.g yoghurt, rice pudding, porridge, vermicelli cooked in milk. If you also give wet stuff eg melon, cucumber, he will be fine without a drink for four hours.

Is it possible to put the extra hunger down to a growth spurt, or more moving about, or comfort sucking for teething pain?. I found the bad bits easier to cope with if I thought that it was something specific that would clear up soon, rather than 'a bad habit'

Also, re the clinginess, attachment begins at about this age, try to be proud that he recognises his mum and likes her best. Sorry, this all sounds a bit trite, if I knew the answer my own life would be lots easier. I am lucky that dd will just want me if I am there, but if I'm not, she is fine with dh.

StealthPolarBear Tue 30-Sep-08 22:46:46

Yes, DS has gone through the screamy phase.
Will your DS always settle in the car/pushchair/sling? What I'm getting at is, can you go out knowing that yur DH has a back up plan to settle him if all else fails? I think you'll be surprised - I always was when my "can't go to sleep without milk" DS fell asleep on Daddy!

mybabywakesupsinging Wed 01-Oct-08 01:10:33

Ds2 would only drink milk from me, no other liquid, when I went back to work at 10 months. He would happily go 12 hours with no drink - he probably got enough from fruit, milky food, yoghurt etc...his nappies certainly stayed wet! so your lo might manage 4 hours with no drink OK...
Good luck this phase will pass in the end...

jammi Wed 01-Oct-08 15:39:18

Message withdrawn

mybabywakesupsinging Fri 03-Oct-08 01:28:24

I think ds2 is a desert rat. He still only drinks 3-4oz from a cup a day. But he loves fruit...
Glad lo was happier than you had feared. Definitely with both of mine they can be quite happy when I am out and then immediately demanding when I get in - ds1 quite reasonably wants attention and ds2 wants milk...just to make sure, I think...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now