Talk

Advanced search

Which is the best Breast feeding Cushion ? I need one. A hard/supportive one?

(17 Posts)
Oblomov Wed 13-Aug-08 17:02:14

Nothing in reviews section. Couldn't find another thread on this.
I have no idea where my old one is - maybe hidden in the loft. Or did I have one ? I think I had a sleeping cushion, which I too can't find. But I think I just used a pillow for bf.
Saw one in mothercare, but it looked a bit limp, like not very supportive.
Said to woman, I wanted one a bit harder. She said I needed a widgey. But they had sold out.
They did have a 'breast friend', but that looked like a rock.

Any suggestions please ?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 13-Aug-08 17:06:24

I've got this one.

It's soft and hard at the same time depending on how you position it - like a bean bag.

I had the Cosatto one before and it was shite, it went as flat as a pancake.

amidaiwish Wed 13-Aug-08 17:09:10

i have this from theraline. full of beans.

MrsBates Wed 13-Aug-08 17:12:39

I had a widgey and thought it was great - perfect for comfort. Good as well for propping up babies learning to sit and for propping up grown-ups trying to read another few words of a novel before passing out. Use mine a lot for that.

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 13-Aug-08 17:16:30

I have which I think is like amidaiwish's for sleeping with, but for breastfeeding always used a £7.99 from Roseby's v shaped one. You'll pay far more to have it especially for breastfeeding, and they are no better IMO.

weasle Wed 13-Aug-08 18:00:53

i had one from argos, but have used the my breast freind one at a bf group and think that is fab. couldn't justify buying another, but if have dc3 will treat myself to it.

Oblomov Wed 13-Aug-08 20:15:31

Thank you for replies. I am still a bit undecided. Oh decisions, decisions.

elmoandella Wed 13-Aug-08 20:22:34

widgey is amazing. had the flat one too. with the widgey you dont have to hold the baby at all.

justjules Wed 13-Aug-08 20:26:20

another widgey vote here smile

amidaiwish Wed 13-Aug-08 20:37:10

link to widgey please!

elmoandella Wed 13-Aug-08 20:39:25

widgey

justjules Wed 13-Aug-08 21:02:36

here with more cover choices, i recomend the jersey one, it feels nicer/softer

twoboots Wed 13-Aug-08 21:13:57

john lewis: c-shaped bean bag

Oblomov Wed 13-Aug-08 21:14:00

justjules, the blue and red spotty covers are more like a jersey material are they ?
That sounds really nice.

justjules Wed 13-Aug-08 23:07:11

i think they are cotton,

the animal print one is soft jersey,

i have the animal one,

i reacon it will wash and wear better being jersey,

i bought 2 cow print cotton ones for friends and imo mine is nicer

MummyValentine Fri 29-Aug-08 15:10:51

My Brest Friend is the best cushion EVER! It may look like a rock (!) but is actually really supportive and comfortable. It has a strap to go around your waist, with back support - yeay! It is a firm cushion, but still comfy for baby and has a little "pillow" bit for them to put their head on whilst feeding. My lo loved it! I'm not sure where to buy them from, but if you google you will find them. Expensive, but worth every penny.

munchkinmum Fri 29-Aug-08 20:45:05

another widgey vote! love mine....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now