Talk

Advanced search

Fast let-down, vomiting baby. Any suggestions?

(6 Posts)
Ceolas Tue 11-Sep-07 12:32:12

Baby is 12 days old. Choking a bit when feeding so I suspect let-down is very fast. She seems to recover then shortly afterwards vomits what appears to be most of feed. Vomiting is very forceful.

Then, of course, she's looking for more hmm

Any suggestions? My washing machine's going constantly and I have a limited wardrobe as it is!

kiskidee Tue 11-Sep-07 12:52:49

type in www.kellymom.com

search this site with the key words: fast letdown oversupply

useful info will come up.

numptysmummy Tue 11-Sep-07 12:55:04

Try expressing a bit first. Also,it may be worth checking it isn't reflux - ds2 had this and was also very violently sick after every feed.

Ceolas Tue 11-Sep-07 12:56:42

very helpful stuff kiskidee. Just read one article and lots of it makes sense.

HV coming this afternoon, numptysmummy. Will discuss that with her.

Piffle Tue 11-Sep-07 12:56:53

this does get better ceolas, I have had this with all 3, with ds2 who is now 5 mths he learned to cope with it by 9 wks
What I did was to get a few muslins and when it let down, take the nipple out let is spray onto the muslin, then relatch.
This saved a lot of choking, baby does get a bit fretful but soon learns it's better.

Ceolas Tue 11-Sep-07 12:58:41

Thanks piffle. This is my fourth baby. First and third were no problem but second was a vomiter. She's also allergic to milk and I suspect it was a bit to do with my diet. Hope it's not that again...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now