Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sorry sorry sorry, I *know* I have asked this before - but painkillers and breastfeeding ...

(8 Posts)
Miaou Tue 14-Aug-07 10:12:48

Can I take ibuprofen whilst breastfeeding?

I have toothache and it is getting to the point where I need to take something (kept me awake last night )

Ceolas Tue 14-Aug-07 10:14:56

I don't think it's advised...

Brestfeeding Network is good on drugs.

Ceolas Tue 14-Aug-07 10:16:35

I stand corrected. In the dental treatment section it says Ibuprofen 200-400mg is suitable.

lulalullabye Tue 14-Aug-07 10:18:58

hello, you can take paracetamol with codiene, that is over the counter type, paracetamol on their own and ibuprofen. also you can take diclofenac from gp. all are safe according to british national formulary of drugs.

ibuprofen taken with paracetamol is great for toothache and you can take them both at same time.

Miaou Tue 14-Aug-07 10:19:43

oooh fab, thanks ceolas

yummybunnymummy Tue 14-Aug-07 10:20:29

Hi, I've taken ibuprofen whilst breastfeeding, my doctor and pharmacist said it was fine, hmmm....I don't really like to take anything but sometimes you have too, having said that my youngest is 21 mths and this was only about 3-4 mths ago. I would certainly check with a medical professional first.

Miaou Tue 14-Aug-07 10:20:30

x-posts - thanks lula!

Miaou Tue 14-Aug-07 10:23:14

lol, ditto yummy! sods law isn't it - first time I've had trouble with my teeth for years and I have just moved 250 miles from my dentist and no chance of finding another one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now