Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding - bottle at night

(3 Posts)
ahsat84 Thu 23-Nov-17 03:40:02

Hi all
I have reposted this as think I initially put It in the wrong place ( new to mumsnet!)

My LO is 6 weeks old and I decided to try a bottle of formula last night to see if it got her to sleep better in the night so I could finally get some sleep. Prior to this I have been EBF and she has been gaining weight well and wetting nappies / pooing etc. She slept 3 hours which is great for us.

In the morning my right breast was really engorged, she fed from it and I fed as normal through the day. I noticed the right breast was much smaller than the left and she was fussing when feeding on that side which is new and was not content or full until I fed from the left

Could this all be due to one bottle of formula??

Should I
1. Continue with night formula and just feed more from right breast in the day
2 just stop the formula
3. Start expressing - if so how often

Thank you smile

sonlypuppyfat Thu 23-Nov-17 03:42:52

Did the formula help her sleep better? Was feeling uncomfortable worth it? It's a difficult one isn't it . I used to sleep with my babies and didn't find night feeds too bad

troodiedoo Thu 23-Nov-17 03:49:16

I would always pump as soon as possible after skipping a feed. Engorged boobs can lead to mastitis and you really don't want that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: