Talk

Advanced search

Aldi Mamia?

(8 Posts)
RollitInGlitter Tue 14-Nov-17 15:21:37

Just been into Aldi and seen their own-brand formula Mamia. It's much cheaper than the Aptamil we usually use, so thinking about switching. Was wondering if anybody has made the same switch? Is it any different for baby? Just a bit worried because it's so much cheaper - I don't want to get it wrong and feed DD something that's not as good!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 14-Nov-17 15:49:57

All formulas have to adhere by certain standards, so like most things in Aldi, it will be a similar quality, just cheaper.

AnaKristina Fri 01-Dec-17 19:27:36

I would go for it if I had money difficulty. If able to afford I would go for a pharmaceutical brand. At least these have been on a market for long and tested by many. Microbiological safety is also an issue. They must custom something to reduce the price. I would not date to switch unless a real money issue.

AnaKristina Fri 01-Dec-17 19:28:32

*cut on not custom

butterybean Fri 01-Dec-17 22:19:55

I used to work for Aldi. Cost savings are made operationally, via a number of strategies/initiatives that are nothing to do with products - e.g. staff, supermarket loactions/build costs/transportation etc

Product quality is very high typically. I haven't used this particular product though. I know that a lot of their food comes from same factories as M&S, just different packaging.

Itsthattimeagain Fri 01-Dec-17 22:27:36

I have been using Mamia for 4 months (since birth) and DC is coming along nicely, midwife/health visitor are aware and have no concerns

bandbsmummy Fri 01-Dec-17 22:29:58

We used it for a while with absolutely no problems. Seems to be very similar to aptamil. If we needed to use formula again, that's what we'd go for.

Tedster77 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:34:54

Honestly with aptamil etc you are just paying for this marketing etc. It meets all the same standards

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: