Talk

Advanced search

Can u drink while bf ??

(8 Posts)
dgcoco5 Sun 20-Dec-15 13:30:24

Hi just wondering with Christmas festivities the temptation of wine ...how much is safe to drink whilst bf ??!....any recommendations to drink instead of wine ?!...

HackerFucker22 Sun 20-Dec-15 13:34:42

I have the occasional glass or even two but my 'baby' is close to a year now and not feeding as much.

I think guidelines suggest you stick to current (England) drink driving limits

5madthings Sun 20-Dec-15 13:37:24

Yes it's fine to drink whilst bfeeding, no need to pump and dump.

Look at kellymom for good info

The issue with drinking is more whether you are sober enough to look after your child rather than the amount of alcohol in your breast milk.

bittapitta Sun 20-Dec-15 13:38:21

Yes you can. Minuscule amounts get into your milk. Just don't get drunk of course!

AuntieStella Sun 20-Dec-15 13:38:36

From your thread title, my first reaction was 'yes of course, just don't spill it on them'

I suggest drinking weak white wine spritzers from a champagne glass.

Pointlessfan Sun 20-Dec-15 13:39:31

Yes it's ok. If you are worried then have a drink straight after a feed. So long as you don't drink so much that you might fall asleep holding your baby you will both be fine.

mamaneedsamojito Sun 20-Dec-15 13:44:49

There's a very informative study I read while BF that explains how absolutely minuscule the amount of alcohol passing into milk is. It's a while since I read it and I was v sleep deprived at the time but if you google you might be able to find it if you want some science to put your mind at rest. I obviously wouldn't get trashed but one glass can be consumed absolutely guilt free.

dgcoco5 Sun 20-Dec-15 23:19:43

Thamks guys ...it's assuring to know it's OK to drink obviously I was concerned whether alcohol would have any effect on my baby .There's no chance of me getting drunk when I have rest of my family to entertain! ! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now