Talk

Advanced search

Devastated: can I reverse involution?

(3 Posts)
MrsTweed123 Fri 18-Dec-15 23:01:53

Hi All,

I recently had to leave my 6 month old baby with her nanny for three days while I went abroad for work. During this time away I managed to do express every 4 hours or so. On the third day I wasn't too engorged so I didnt express until I got home that night at midnight as I wanted to save my breast milk for my daughter, rather than just throwing it away. Since then my breasts are hardly producing any milk. I have read up on why and it seems I have inadvertently caused pressure involution. I am devastated. I had no idea that by not expressing I could cause this. I had planned to breastfeed my daughter until she is 12 months. Can I reverse involution by expressing and nursing? Will my milk come back?

Thank you for all your help

BasicBanana Fri 18-Dec-15 23:09:07

Yes, nurse and it should all be ok. It would be very unusual for your supply to have been compromised in the situation you describe.

tiktok Sat 19-Dec-15 08:44:43

Sounds like your breasts have under gone the normal process that happens with established breastfeeding. Milk is made much more on the spot - not stored. It doesn't disappear. Just continue bf and things will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now