Talk

Advanced search

ebf baby poo habits altered

(6 Posts)
Caffeinefreecoke Fri 14-Aug-15 21:50:43

11 week old DS has reliably pooed about 5-6 times per day with his feeds for a few weeks now. However 3 days ago he only did 3 poos in a day, 2 yesterday and 1 big one today and one very small one! He is ebf and I'm told it's hard for him to be constipated whilst ebf. He is still doing lots of wet nappies. Is there a reason why his poo habits have changed? Tia

DenzelDog Fri 14-Aug-15 22:21:20

I think it's just their digestive system maturing? Both my boys went through phases of only pooing once a week, which is quite common for bf babies. It all changed again once they start solids!

BumWad Sat 15-Aug-15 06:07:24

Similar to my little one. At around 10 weeks instead of pooing 3-4 times a am day he goes once every 1-2 days.

Caffeinefreecoke Mon 17-Aug-15 07:33:46

So it's normal smile thanks

YouMakeMyDreams Mon 17-Aug-15 07:54:23

Yep normal. There is less waste with breastfeeding so they can go days without pooing. Ds2 was every 10 days and on that 10th day he could poo thr entire length of himself 2 or 3 times.

tiktok Mon 17-Aug-15 09:34:19

It's normal smile

Not much to do with 'less waste with breastfeeding' though - if this was the case, the gi-normo-poos that eventually come would be smaller smile

It's to do with the maturing of the gastro-colic reflex, which happens beyond the newborn stage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now