Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Green poop!

(4 Posts)
Ameybee Mon 15-Oct-12 19:33:08

Hi my 3 week old has had a couple of days of green poo sad I'm on antibiotics but have been for a week already n this is first green poo. He's breastfed and won't feed longer than 15 mins on one side - If he roots again within an hour after that feed I put him back on same side to ensure getting hind milk. Any advice anyone? Thanks xxx

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 15-Oct-12 20:49:06

Not really sure but I think it sounds ok. If you want a bit more reassurance and not just some random stranger ont'internet google kellymom green poop or if you are in the uk, ring one of the bfing helplines smile

Seriouslysleepdeprived Mon 15-Oct-12 21:36:35

DS has green poo on & off for ages and got various reasons. I wouldn't worry about the occasional green poo, although the build up on antibiotic could do it.

I agree, kellymom has good info here and here

ZuleikaD Tue 16-Oct-12 12:08:29

I wouldn't worry either. Also I don't think you'll get hind milk by putting him back on the same side after an hour - the foremilk/hindmilk cutoff doesn't work that rigidly. As you have letdowns during a feed, more and more fatty molecules are dislodged from inside the breast and so the milk gets progressively fattier during a feed. If he's feeding for 15 minutes then he's probably already getting plenty of fatty milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now