Talk

Advanced search

Over enthusiastic let down - at 10mo?

(3 Posts)
Sparklyboots Mon 24-Oct-11 22:40:06

DS is nearly 10m and mainly bf and a bit of food (am a bit lazy with the old weaning). When he was teeny, I did leak a bit but this stopped really quickly - within a few weeks I think - but just recently I have been a bit leaky again, including getting that tandem let down thing, where one happily lets down because he's feeding on the other. Is this normal? Will I have to use those awful nipple shield/ pad things after all?

HarrietJones Tue 25-Oct-11 18:16:11

I still do & dd3 is one. Mine never slowed though and I wear 2 sets of pads on work days as I can't guarantee changing them fast enough blush

I was told to press down on the nipple but it doesn't seem that effective on me.

Sparklyboots Tue 25-Oct-11 21:58:23

No, the pressing the nipple thing is a bit useless for me, too, just directs the flow down the finger that is pressing. I still do it, primarily because if I don't it actually squirts out in random directions so is quite messy. (DS thinks this is a delightful game). However, the point is I did stop but it has started again.

Thanks Harriet, perhaps I just need to hohoho suck it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now