Talk

Advanced search

Breast to bottle

(7 Posts)
HumptyDumpty1 Mon 15-Aug-11 11:52:03

For several health, mental and academic reasons I'm moving DD onto a bottle today. She's 20 weeks old and I have no idea how much to feed her and how many times! She's 17lbs, does her weight make a difference to how much?

Any help would be much appreciated!

buttonmoon78 Mon 15-Aug-11 15:34:52

Is there not a chart on the tin? I'd start her on the age appropriate level and fiddle around for what I assume is the next three weeks if you're talking academic reasons?

Hope all goes well!

HumptyDumpty1 Mon 15-Aug-11 22:09:45

Thanks buttonmoon smile I wasn't sure if she'd take less being breastfed (I've heard at 6 months they can only take 4oz) but I'd need to giver her more because if her weight.

We just need her to actually take some now and stop spitting it out....

buttonmoon78 Tue 16-Aug-11 07:50:51

Yes - working out that is the harder bit! Good luck smile Only one of my 4 has been a bottle refuser but it was mighty frustrating!

HumptyDumpty1 Tue 16-Aug-11 07:52:41

She takes a bottle, most of the time! Just no formula yet sad which I should take as a compliment I suppose smile

Cosmosis Tue 16-Aug-11 17:20:53

Have you tried mixing ebm and formula? If she’ll take that, gradually reduce the amount of ebm in the bottle till it’s all formula.

HumptyDumpty1 Tue 16-Aug-11 17:45:32

We tried that after trying just formula but I think she's been put off from just formula. She's poorly now too so no chance of trying for a few days sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now