Talk

Advanced search

Ouch! Biting!

(5 Posts)
Rosemallow Sat 16-Jul-11 17:55:50

How can I get DS to stop biting me when he's feeding?
He's teething and has done it a couple of times today and over he past couple of days.
I've tried taking him off the boob and giving him a dummy when he does it but he's not bothered and I've tried saying ouch loudly as this stopped DD from biting me

Please help! My left nipple is wincing at the thought of milk time!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 16-Jul-11 18:01:45

Rose some find that feeding lying down helps and have you checked out biting on Kellymom?

alewVera Sat 16-Jul-11 18:03:24

If he can bite you then he is not latch on properly. Watch him when he is feeding, I could always tell when dd was going to bite as she grinned, and had this mischievous twinkle in her eye. I found that saying ouch got a reaction and encouraged her to do it again, the best thing I was advised, is to push ds into your breast, can't remember to exact logic behind this though, but sure there's logic there somewhere. Huh.

Rosemallow Sat 16-Jul-11 18:19:26

No, I haven't checked Kellymom but I will, thanks.

He's such a monkey, he has some milk then when he gets bored comes off and as he does he has a chomp and then tries to latch back on again!
You're so right about the twinkle in his eye! I think I vaguely remember the pushing into your breast advice, I'm not sure why either though!
He wants feeding now so might give it a try!

shuckleberryfinn Sun 17-Jul-11 11:52:27

it blocks the nose and forces the mouth open. Can't bite then. :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now